no it’s not sesame street . it’s glazed mahi mahi. and it’s a new house favorite.
kyle found this recipe on allrecipes.com and adjusted it to fit our diet. and we love it. we’ve tested it out with salmon but the glaze tastes the best with the mahi mahi. granted the photo above doesn’t do the dish justice. but what can i say, by the time i remember to take a photo, everything is gone! it’s that delicious. this dish always is great when paired with this kale salad.
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a shallow glass dish, stir together the honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and olive oil. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper, and place them into the dish. If the fillets have skin on them, place them skin side down. Cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove fish from the dish, and reserve marinade. Fry fish for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, turning only once, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fillets to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour reserved marinade into the skillet, and heat over medium heat until the mixture reduces to a glaze consistently. Spoon glaze over fish, and serve immediately.