after working 60 hour work weeks for the last 2 months and pulling 40 hours this past week just from sunday-tuesday alone, i decided i needed a mental health day. unfortunately the way schedules worked out i only could take part of the day off. but it worked out perfectly because of this…
some friends from back home were in vancover, bc for vacation for the week and decided to drive down to seattle for the afternoon to hang out with me! seriously?! i felt so loved. it’s times like these that i miss home. the people. the food. the stories. the connection. and in typically seattle fashion, the sun decided to show up. in a mere 7 hours we accomplished the following:
- lunch at red mill burgers
- shopping at u village and hitting up amazing sales at anthropology and H&M
- kicking it at gas works park with a few photo ops and oohs and ahhs at sea-planes.
- photo-op at the fremont troll. a bit of confusion about seattle artwork and sculpture.stalin anyone? none of which i could explain.
- grabbing an ice-cold one at caffe ladro while walking the boutiques in fremont. les amis, dream, bliss, mercer to name a few
- attempting to scare kyle at second ascent in ballard- didn’t work out too well.
- more boutique shopping in ballard
- happy hour at moshi moshi sushi
- pit stop at cupcake royale for some delish goodies to take back home
i am so looking forward to seeing my dear friends in august. it has been way too long. and though i’m on the brink of exhaustion, God knew exactly what i needed. good weather. good food. good company. what else is there but impeccable timing?