Honestly, I can’t believe it’s practically July. I feel like we just started June and I’m sure I’m not the only one. But it’s been an eventful, fun-filled month. So eventful in fact, that I had to increase my highlights from 10 to 16! What can I say, June was a great one. Without further adieu, Here’s the top 16 highlights of the past month.
1. Life is only better with Minnie in it. Besides nothing says, “June is going to rock” than a birthday part on June 1st with a piñata and La Palomas.
2. Father’s Day. It warmed my heart that dad opened the door with a “Kailua Boys” shirt on. Thought it was quite fitting since we were looking at his completed ’67 bug for inspiration for Kyle’s bug.
3. Rachel is getting married. I’ve been blessed to have been ‘adopted’ by her and her family in college. Holidays and life wouldn’t quite be the same without wheat-thins and cheese ball. I’m thrilled to see her start a new adventure with her soulmate in a few weeks!
4. Survived my first bike ride in the city. I got into cycling while we were living on the east-side and fell in love with the Sammamish River Trail. Unfortunately, the closest trail is the Burke and I’m trying to build up the courage to get further along in the city on two wheels. I just need to figure out how to avoid getting freaked out by cars and stop signs.
5. The blender that will change your life. And your pocketbook. But seriously, we love our Vitamix. It’s made us adventurous in our recipes and healthy too! So far, we’ve been on three weeks of green-smoothies! I can’t wait to share more about how we’re using it in a later post! Be sure to check back!
6. Care packages from Hawaii. This box of goodies arrived from back home as a thank you. Nothing says “homesick’ that the good stuff.
7. Patty’s Eggnest. This breakfast joint is a must-stop experience in Seattle. We only stumbled upon this “classic” when we moved in. I’d say more people commented on Patty’s then our home. But who’s counting? I’m not, especially when you get this grub for $8!
8. New Mattress. It’s a long story. But after not being able to get our boxspring up the stairs, our mattress was on the hard-floors for nearly 4 months. We finally bit the bullet and invested in a new mattress from Macy’s. Let’s just say this bed has changed my life and my back.
9. My new twin. This four year old is amazing. Brilliantly sharp, sweetest heart, obedient, hysterical, and OMG all around awesome. I could go on. We were meant to be soul-mates. I mean, seriously, who plans outfits like this in advance? Need I say more?
10. The Pet we never asked for. Herbert. There’s quite a funny background to this highlight. Be sure to catch it and his friend, “The Gnome” here.
11. SUP Yoga. This is the second event I survived this month. I’m sure that says something. In all seriousness, Katie and I signed up through Groupon for three sessions. Today was our first session and we made it! We have SUP boards and love it but let me be honest, adding the yoga element brings a whole new definition to the word, “balance.” We can’t wait for our next classes!
12. Greenwood Fair and Car Show. This was the first time we’ve ever attended, even after living here for 13 years! There were so many great cars and people. We even got to hang out some with some locals from Hawaii who have their own VW bug club. I’m secretly wishing that we can get in regardless of the fact that I am Hawaiian but don’t look like it and Kyle is a haloe. Who knows? Maybe I need to bust out by family tree.
14. Surprise reunion! These peeps are some of our faves and they just got back from China. Needless to say, we were shocked to run into each other at Naked City while checking out the Greenwood Car show. I guess great minds think alike when it’s hot and you just need a beer.
15. My surprise office! Kyle is the best at keeping secrets and my office decor was no match for this tight-lipped hubby of mine. Read the ‘surprise that ends all surprises’ here!
16. Friends. It’s great to be back in Seattle and catch up with dear friends. Living on the eastside made it so difficult to maintain and keep up with those closest to us. I know, it was only 45 mins away but you’d be surprised what that extra time does to your relationships! Times like these are the confirmation that we made the right decision to move back.
Finally, I’m excited to share that for the month of July, there will be a series of guest bloggers who will be sharing their customer service experiences here! Stories will range from the good, the bad, and the ugly. But one thing is true, is that it happened and it happened to these people. Be sure to check back over the course of July and comment, like, and give your thoughts on what customer service should be like!